|Second U.S. Mint Postcard
|[back] PHILADELPHIA MINT 1833-1901. The second Philadelphia Mint was located on the corner of Chestnut and Juniper streets. Construction of this Mint began in 1829 and was completed in May 1833. In 1836, the first coining press powered by steam was introduced. For over 70 years this handsome neoclassic structure was a landmark in Philadelphia. In October, 1901, the doors closed for the move into the new building.
|David Sklow U.S. Mint Postcard Collection